Burden Family

Est. December 17, 1994

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Summer 2010

   This past summer was jam packed with all kinds of fun!  Breanna went to her 3rd year of girls camp and Jacob was able to attend his 1st year of scout camp and Nate went to his 1st year of cub scout day camp! They all absolutely loved it! For Dylans 6th birthday we took the kids to the waterslides in Sacramento. We enjoyed time on Yosemite lake with my brother Jason and his family, went to Napa for the Indy 500 at the Infineon Raceway and Nate and Jake started another year of football for the Waterford Sabercats in July. This season was especially fun since their cousins signed up to play as well! We had Burden boys representing 3 of the 4 age levels! Nate and cousin Luke played the Rookie level. They were nicknamed Nate-Dawg and Tank! Cousin Will was a Pee Wee level and Jake was Junior Varsity.......
  
   But the highlight of this summer was a trip to the Oregon Coast for a Burden family reunion/60th birthday celebration for my mother in law, Earlene, and her twin sister Elaine. There were close to 70 people in attendance for this long weekend of craziness. Any time you get my husbands family together something is bound to happen that will make you laugh so hard your belly aches! We spent the weekend "camping" (we all had trailers/cabins) up in Oregon near the dunes of south jetty. I cant remember the darn name! Maybe one of my family members will be so kind as to comment on here and remind me? Anyway...the highlight of of the trip was on saturday when we held a birthday party for Earlene and Elaine. Earlene (always the trouble maker...hehe) decided it would be funny to smear her sister in the face with some cake! Things got messy really fast and my mother in law ended up reaping what she sowed and getting the worst of it! Every one was laughing so hard it hurt!!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats pretty funny about the cake! Glad you're blogging. Isnt it amazing what you can do when ALL the kids are in school! I must say I cant wait, and I HOPE HOPE HOPE I will be able to enjoy a few months of life to find out who I am once Kenzen is in school too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I am enjoying my quiet time. It can be very freeing! I have lots of plans once we get down to Fresno!

    ReplyDelete